Orthopedics Community

Bump on my kneecap

I have a bump on my kneecap. It's directly on the kneecap. It's not painful, but it's hard and it itches (which I know is odd).I have bilateral osteoarthritis, and have some bone on bone contact within both knee joints. On that knee, I have had a partially torn ACL and PCL (more than once), and have had microfracture surgery in that knee, as well as several arthroscopic surgeries for torn meniscus.I'm a little concerned that my kneecap may be tracking to the outside of my knee (as my other knee had that issue) and that may be why this is happening. Has anyone had this kind of bump and should I be concerned? This has been going on for about 4 months now. My thought is that if there's no pain it's nothing serious.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.