Orthopedics Community
12.7k Members
Avatar universal

Chest rib popping, tenderness in chest area and back area under both scapulas

A little over a year ago while performing dips at the gym I heard a pop in my chest but paid no mind due to not having any pain, however, a few days later while doing dips again I could not push myself back up due to the intense pain and lack of chest strength that I gather came from the injury. For the last year I've seen numerous doctors in every discipline imaginable, attended physical therapy (stretches, icing, strengthening) with 3 different providers, attended a chiropractor in 2 different practices, I've had X-rays, MRI and CT scans performed all with negative results,  and they still can't figure out what's wrong. One of the doctors performed an ultrasound and thought my sternoclavicular joint was the issue but a MRI shut down that diagnosis. The closest diagnosis is Chostochondritis, however, the symptoms do not improve, I still have tenderness in my chest area, pec area and my back where the ribs connect, my ribs continue to pop every single day for no reason, when I stretch or when I sneeze. I'm extremely frustrated I can't get this issue cured and even more I haven't been able to identify what type of doctor can help me. I've done a lot of online research and I've seen others post comments with the same symptoms but not a cure or a type of doctor that can treat it. Any information is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.