Orthopedics Community

Chipped bones

I havee chipped a cuboid bone in my right foot and have now had a foot cast on for 3 weeks could anyone tell me how long this process would take to heal
With rest and immobilisation it would take atleast 8 weeks.
With increase in age the healing takes longer and as the whole weight of the body is on your foot, it take longer for foot bones.
Foot cast will help you for faster recovery, as your movements are immobilised and this will aid the bone healing.  Take care!
I have had my boot cast on for 3 weeks, when i go back in 3 weeks do you think they will tell me to keep it on or give me a soft boot cast as i am going away in 8 weeks and a bit worried
This would depend on your latest X-rays and your healing and clinical symptoms. This is difficult to say now as with time and you following all the instructions your healing will also be good.
Do not worry about anything other than taking care of your leg and following the instructions. If you recover perfectly you will not have any complications later. Take care!
thanks for that, i go back to the hospital on 3 weeks, that will make it 7 weeks since i did it, hopefully they will do another xray, lets hope i will be ok to go on holiday in september
Take care and follow up properly and remember healing is not like text book notes.
It depends on how good the patient follows instructions, depends on age, depends with person to person. You are doing good till now.

Stop worrying about one holiday. If you are fine you can go holidays whenever you want.

Take care!
I was advised by the dr to take the boot off for 1 hour a day after 4 weeks, i have done this and it really hurts, does this mean it is mending or should I put the boot back on, several people have told me that i may have to have a plaster cast on if this does not heal when i go back, or even worse they may have to operate to remove the chipped bones, the thing that worries me that when i first had it xrayed they said i had one chipped bone and when i went back in a week they said i had 2 how could they have missed that and also do you think they should have xrayd it again as i could have done more damage in the week i had a tubi grip on
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.