Orthopedics Community

Collar bone hardware, 5 months out, unusual pain

I had a motorcycle accident Memorial day weekend (May 2010). I had surgery to correct this because the collar bone was offset and in three pieces.  The surgery went beautifully. I have dealt with numbness that has been slowly retreating.  I get a deep itch, but I still figure this is part of the healing process.  In the past few days, I am now getting a deep pain in this area.  At times it intensifies and shoots through my shoulder.  It is intense, I'd say 8/10 for a brief moment.  My current ache is probably a 3-4/10.  Up till 2-3 weeks ago I'd say my baseline pain was 1/10 or less.  I had a migraine this evening...and have been well controlled without one for over four years, so I'm worried there may be something significant happening.  How long should I wait to schedule an appointment to have this looked at? (I was thinking of waiting to see if this resolved by Monday). Should I go back to my surgeon, or should I go to my regular doctor? Thanks so much for any input!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.