A
A
A
Close
Orthopedics Community
12.7k Members

Foot pain on lump on inside of feet

hi
i experience alot of pain on the inside lump of the side of my feet after i do any rigorous excercises (such as hiking or basketball) for too long.  the pain at that location.  im reading that it might be the navicular bone?  any insight would be appreciated, thanks!
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379682132
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
Since the pain comes only after rigorous exercise, please check your foot wear. May be the foot wear rubs against this portion of the foot. Other possibility is flat foot. It could also be the beginning of arthritis. You may have suffered hairline fracture of any one of the small bones of foot in the area that is painful. It could also be a corn or callus.
Please consult your doctor, preferably a podiatrist. Meanwhile after any exercise, dip feet in warm water. Gently massage your feet with a massage cream or oil. Check your foot wear. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.