Orthopedics Community

Golf and wrist fusion

Anyone out there playing golf after wrist fusion. I had a real hard time finding anything on the web before my surgery. To share with you: I had a four corner partial fusion of the left wrist in Dec, 2010 with removal of the scaphoid due to injury which may have occured 40 years ago. I am a 61 year old male that had a 16 handicap before the surgey but played with a lot of wrist pain for several years. When I did go to the Doctor I was real suprised that fusion was the answer. 6 months after surgery I began playing golf. I found that I need to purchase a new iron set: choose senior shaft Adams hybrid set which was needed to get lift on the iron shots. I continue to be able to hit my Cleveland Driver with a regular shaft. I need to develop a palm grip with the right hand and just use the left hand to steady the swing since you will never be able to **** the left wrist. I lost a lot of power but have developed a reasonable game of golf. I should note that I went thru occ health therapy and after 15 weeks in a splint type cast, I did start low weight cybex training. 8 months after surgery, I am now a 21 handicap but still enjoy playing golf. Hope this helps somebody.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.