Orthopedics Community

Groin injury due to running?

For the last several months, I am suffering from some weird pains.   I am having pain on the left inguinal area of my groin and back of my left testicle.   I don't have any STDs.   All the tests results were clear, except the scrotum ultrasound which revealed "mild" discrete inguinal adenopathy and nothing else.    My urologists told it doesn't seem to be a urological problem.

I do lot of running and cycling in the gym.  Just before these pains started on my left inguinal area and the left testicle, I ran a lot, especially more than 8 miles a day at a stretch with occassional running with more speed.  I have no idea whether I accidentally injured and unnoticed.

Can this be Gilmore's groin?   Will it have tenderness in the testicles similar to the urological issues?   If it is a Gilmore's groin, then how it can be diagnosed and treated?

The mild swelling (adenopathy) on left inguinal side can be due to sports injury?

(I too have a history of athelete's foot diagnosed by my orthopedic couple of years back.   I have this athelete's foot pain in my left feet only.)
Many years ago while playing softball I jumped and pulled a groin muscle.  It felt and was diagnosed as a hernia.  But it was not.  It turned out to be a pulked tendon in the groin.  I had tremmendous pain and it took months for it to heal.  This could be your similar problem.  They are difficult to diagnose and takes a long time of careful walking to heal.  Good luck.
I have the exact same problem. I am a lifelong runner. I am 58 y/o male. I noticed the soreness a few weeks ago. It hurts very badly when I first begin running but eases up some after a half mile or so. I can't really find the spot when I do a self exam. My doc checked me for a hernia but couldn't find one. Taking it a little slower and easier and hoping for the best.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.