Orthopedics Community

Hand and Wrist Pain

I am an 18 year old Caucasian female. My right hand is dominate. A little over a year ago, I began experiencing mild pain in my right wrist. For what reason, I don't know. About a month ago, I had what I and my family believed to be a ganglion cyst.There was a lump near the left corner of my wrist and I couldn't bend it. It disappeared within a week and a half. My wrist felt much better. I was then hired, a week after the cyst went away, by Bojangles' as a biscuit maker. The job requires me to lift objects up to 40lbs and to constantly use my hands. After a week of working there, my fingers, in both hands, began to become stiff in the mornings. My right wrist started to mildly hurt again but it didn't feel like anything serious. For the past week, my right thumb has been in pain and pops at the joint joining it to the rest of my hand. It's gradually getting worse. About 3 days ago, my wrist started to hurt more. Now, it's cracking, swollen, and I can barely move it. I currently have it in a FUTURO splint which makes it feel much better. But I cannot where the splint while working. What could possibly be wrong with it?

Other information that may or may not be useful:

In 2007 I was diagnosed with autoimmune urticaria. I was told it was a rare form.

In 2010, I went to a gastroenterologist for digestive trouble. My doctor told me I had IBS, so, in other words, it is unknown what is wrong with my digestive tract. I have treated my IBS by eating organic foods. This has worked for the most part. I haven't had many episodes since changing my diet.

Could it be possible that most of the problems I have are a result from my autoimmune disorder?

Thank you for your time.
It could be that all the lifting and stuff that you need your neck and perhaps wrist adjusted. Can you find a good chiropractor to treat your neck and wrist.

I hope this helps,
achilles2
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.