Orthopedics Community

Home treatment for pain on outer foot?

Whenever I walk or stand on my foot the outer portion of my foot hurts. A sharp localized pain in the outer side of my foot. I have started running cross country, and our practice started a week ago. I am running everyday, and my foot feels fine while running and while sitting/laying down. Any idea what's wrong? Ice packs?
Hi!
The pain on outer side of foot could be due to tendonitis, stress fracture, sprain or due to a pinched lumbo-scaral nerve. You may need X-rays and MRI for diagnosis. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.