Avatar universal

I fractured my radial bone 7 weeks ago

on cray I  now have a 17 degree angulation between radial and ulnar bone. There is swelling on ulnar side and on top of hand on same side. I  am 65 with some osteoporosis. Should I be concerned about this swelling. I  have started some ROM exercises (had swelling before started ROM).  Should I  get PT?  Does this suggest I may need surgery? I  workout and am active
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
15695260 tn?1549593113
Hello and welcome to MedHelp's forums.  Hopefully you have been to the doctor by now.  What was there take on the swelling? Does it often ache as well?  It is not uncommon, unfortunately, for swelling to occur after a fracture of the extremity like this to flare up long after.  But please do have this checked and discuss with your doctor.  However, please note that osteoarthritis in and of itself can cause swelling. https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/ostearthritis-of-the-knee-degenerative-arthritis-of-the-knee#1.  Do you take any medication for the arthritis or pain?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.