Aa
A
A
A
Close
Orthopedics Community
12.7k Members

Is my foot broken, fractured or just bruised?

Its been five days since I had an injury at work involving my dropping a wooden pallet (about 50 lbs) on the midsection of my foot. I was in a lot of pain and my foot swelled almost immediately, but opted out of filing an incident report and instead just left early as I do not have medical insurance. I've been elevating my foot and icing it regularly figuring that since the pain was not unbearable I assumed it was just a bruise. The swelling went down and the pain reduced enough that I can walk with mild discomfort and was able to put a shoe on. I was wearing the shoe for about five hours but when I took the shoe off I noticed new bruising around my toes and heel that was much different than the previous bruises that appeared. The area is sore but the pain is probably only a 3/10 the bruising change is what concerned me. Is my foot broken or is this just my body entering a different phase of healing? Please keep in mind that I am without insurance and do not want the medical bills unless absolutely necessary... Please help
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.