Orthopedics Community

Is this hip bursitis?

I am 45 and about 50 lbs overweight, trying to fix this, but, having trouble.
I have pain in my knees when walking a lot, they crackle like cellophane wrap and legs will swell to my feet. I can live with that as I have had them x-ray'd and she said, nothing is wrong, which, I doubt since anyone near me can hear them when I walk up stairs.
Anyway, for the last week, I have had pain in my hip, mostly the back side. I have used Aleve, Icy Hot, hot compress, heating pad etc.. Nothing is helping me. As long and I am upright, or I'm still when sitting, I am okay. When I get up, OMG, the pain is excruciating!!!! I did this all last week and it seemed like it was going away, but, instead of going away, it came on worse. I have screamed out loud from the pain. Sometimes, if I go VERY slow, it's not so bad. It radiated from my hip, down the back of my thigh and close to my spine. Last night, for the first time, I kept waking up when I moved :(
Now sitting here, there is a dull ache and I know that when I get up, it's going to hurt badly. I resist going to the bathroom as long as I can. I can't bend over to pick anything up or I'm stuck there until I get the nerve to straighten up and pray I don't scream. Sometimes, I can keep that leg as straight as possible when bending over, but, if I go to far, it doesn't help much. I don't hear any popping or crinkling or anything, just severe pain. Any help with what I can do to alleviate this pain would be VERY appreciated. I am up and down at work and this is going to be really hard!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.