Orthopedics Community

Knee lump

Hi, I blew my knee out in 2003. Tore my ACL, MCL and damaged the patellar. Also had my meniscus scrape. I've now been doing physio, weight training, and strength exercises so that I can return to snowboarding this winter. Problem is, I always have to push or roll a "bump" on inside of my left knee. It's hard, could possibly be a bone, but it isn't painful when I push it in. When is does come out though, it is an odd sensation, especially when I bend my knee. It only seem to appear after a period of exercises.

Any suggestions? I will be seen a doctor about it, as I would like to solve this asap.

Dave
Hi Dave!
A moving lump that can be pushed inside can be a bursa, a loose bone or cartilage or fluid in the joint bulging out through a bursa or membrane. A MRI of the joint is required for correct diagnosis. Please consult your orthopedic specialist regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.