Knee pain

Hello, I've just started having pain on the outside of my right knee I was playing boo with my son when I first felt a sharp pain, over the week each time I kneel down I feel a hard throbbing pain, when rubbed it throbs and also when bent, when the leg is straight it's fine! My knee clicks now and again and when I feel the knee cap it feels like it's grinding, does anyone have any ideas what this could be, my partner seems to think it could be my cartilage!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi!
If the pain comes on bending the knee, then it could be due to Patellofemoral syndrome or runners knee. This happens due to mal-alignment of the knee cap on bending the knee (and hence any imaging study has to be taken with the knee bent), injury to the knee (you may have sustained while playing), flat feet, over tight or over lax muscles around the knee joint. Other possibilities are bursitis (inflammation of fluid filled sac over joints), tendonitis (inflammation of cords joining muscles to bones) or due to weakness of patellar bone. All these aspects will have to be investigated by your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Helpful - 0
http://saveyourself.ca/articles/2007-06-19-its-the-homeostasis-stupid.php

try this...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.