Orthopedics Community

Knee questions

Hi, my name is Mary! Iam 50 y/o and suffer from knee pain! I just had an Mri and there's a couple of things iam wondering about! The Mri report says i have mild myxoid degeneration in the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus. it also says i have Mild Chondromalacia in the medial and lateral aspect of the distal weight bearing surface of the medial femoral condyle. It also goes on to say there is a small partial thickness cartilage defect in the central distal weightbearing surface of the lateral femoral condyle, and there is mild spurring of the medial and lateral compartments. Was wondering if someone can tell me in English, what all this means!! Thanks so much for taking the time to read all this!! Thanks, Mary
Hello!

There are 3 pairs of ligaments in your knee joint. You have medial and lateral mensicus in your knee joint. Menisci are ligaments to stabilize your knee joint. Lateral meniscus has degeneration due to past or recent injury.

With wear and tear and weight bearing your articular cartilage has thinned and these are changes of osteoarthritis.

I would suggest you to follow up with an orthopedician and take necessary steps for avoiding further damage.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.