Orthopedics Community
12.6k Members
Avatar universal

Knee replacement

I hve RA in my knees with the right being slightly worse. I've have had cortisone injections which only give relief for a bout a month then the swelling and pain comes back. I also have had ytrium 90 radioactive stuff put in them. This lasted only 3 months. I want to have my knees replaced but I'm not sure they will allow it(I'm only 30). I can bend my Knees about 90 degrees and then they hurt so bad. Will I get full flexion with replacements? Do you suggest gettin it done? I'm in the uk and will be done on the NHS
1 Responses
Avatar universal

For osteoarthritis and chronic ligament injuries you would need knee replacement surgery.

For Rheumatoid arthritis which is due to an autoimmune disorder you have to follow up for treatment with different kinds of medications with your rheumatologist.

Discuss with an orhtopedician for a  2nd opinion.

Take care!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.