Orthopedics Community

Left knee

Injury happened either jumping off small ledge, or sudden stop while babysitting a child

I cannot straighten the leg or bend it up to my backside without discomfort. I can almost straighten the leg with help, but I have not 'locked my knee' because I am worried.

Hyper extension is what I suspect. I cannot walk without limping on the left leg while the knee is bent, but the knee will support a good deal of my weight.

There is no significant pain, also there is no swelling or bruising. It does ache but I am comfortable without medication. (This happened Friday night-3 days ago).

The question i pose is.... Should I continue making an appointment, or see If is is just another bad landing?

I hate thinking that I will drop a office co-pay only to hear that i should just take it easy for another week

I am 33 and have abused knees.

Should I ride it out, or suck it up and go to the doctor?

Thanks for any advice.

How are you feeling?
When any patient complains of “knee pain,” the initial differential diagnosis in most of the cases includes: Osteoarthritis, Ligament damage, Meniscus damage or Patello-femoral disorder.
I think you have some meniscus injury as per your symptoms.
Where is your pain exactly? When did your pain begin, what were you doing at the time, and what were the initial symptoms?
Do you experience any grinding, locking, catching, or giving way of the knee?
Are there any positions that make your knee more or less comfortable?
What is the quality of your pain (sharp, shooting, dull, etc.)?
Have you tried anything to help the pain and, if yes, has that been successful?
Have you ever had surgery on your knee? Do you have any hip or ankle pain (both hip and ankle pain can refer pain to the knee, and vice versa)?
Keep me informed.
Bye.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.