Orthopedics Community

Lump on arm

About a month ago, I noticed a lump on my arm below the elbow.  It is completely painless. I went to my GP to said he suspected it was a ganglion cyst and ordered a sonogram.  The person who took the sonogram said she could see absolutely nothing.  I am waiting to hear back from my GP re the sonogram results.  I am absolutely terrified of the possibility of a future bone biopsy.  Has anyone on this board had one and how painful is it?  By the way, I am a senior citizen and am wondering if this lump could be some form of arthritiis.

A reply would be greatly appreciated.
Hello!

The first thing i want to convey to you that diagnosis of your case is important for proper treatment and care. It can be  an infection, sebaceous cyst, malignancy , skin cancer , fracture , haematoma , callus formation , scar tissue , lymphadenopathy , elbow injury If your doctor suspects a  malignancy you should go for the biopsy. He will do it under anesthesia and you have to understand that diagnosis of your case is important. Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.