Orthopedics Community

MRI results

I am a 67 year old male and just had an MRI and have been referred to a spine surgeon . I was getting tingling or numb feeling in my feet and pain in calves and thighs after walking for about 5-6 minutes.

Can someone help me understand MRI results and what course of action is most likely to resolve my problem. Does this mean I will need surgery.

Findings:

The lumbar spine demonstrates normal alignment without vertebral body height compromise or marrow endema. There are scatterred benign hemangiomata . There is lower lumbar facet joint arthropathy. The spinal cord terminates at the superior L1 level.

Partial imaging of a 7.6 cm left renal inferior pole cyst is noted.

Impression:

Lumbar spondylosis is present and appears to moderate at the L3-L4 level, severe at the L4-L5 level.

Multiple bilateral neural foraminal encroachment appears most moderate on the left at the L4-L5 level. Impingmet of the existing left L4 nerve root is a consideration.

Partial imaging of a left renal cyst is present.

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.