Orthopedics Community

Medial meniscus tear-right knee

I've suffered for almost 2 yrs with pain in right knee.  Had surgery for a medial meniscus tear. Physical therapy before and after surgery.  had synvisc injection, cortizone, and a partridge in a pear tree.  When will my knee stop hurting every time I have a slight twist or turn of the knee? Is it normal to still have pain after 5 mos.? I'ts not as bad as it was, but I do have some pain.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the pain. Meniscal tears often do not heal well and could be a constant source of discomfort; while other possibilities that may need to be considered include inflammations, arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, cyst formation, injuries to the internal knee ligaments, chondromalacia patellae, loose bodies, patellar dislocation, nerve impingement/ compression, neuropathy, vascular issues, bone growths/ tumours etc; just to name a few. It would be best to consult an orthopedician for a detailed evaluation. After a specific cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.