Orthopedics Community

Neck Crepitus question

I have very slight crepitus in neck when i turn it to the right,. there is no sounds when I turn it to the left or up and down  I can sometimes only hear it only when it is pretty quite-even running the water in the sink or car noise will drown it out.  Other times it is a bit louder.  It is only in a certain spot in my movement where it happens and there is no pain.  I had a c3-5 fusion done 20 years ago due to a bad accident, and I was concerned about this noise.  Is this something to worry about?
Hi there!

Sound on movement does not always mean crepitus. Crepitus is a distinct sound caused by bone on bone and is best evaluated by a doctor. Well, without an evaluation it would be difficult to predict the cause of the sound; causes may include inflammations, fractures, loose bodies, malalignment etc. It would be best to get this evaluated by an orthopedician. If required, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this was useful.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.