Orthopedics Community

Numbness on shin

Hey there. Sooo around two months ago, I had a really bad bruise from falling down the stairs. Two weeks later, my bruise was gone but there was numbness on my shin but I ignored it. There's still numbness on my shin. Can somebody explain why, how and when will it be gone? Thanks!
Hi!
The numbness is probably due to injured nerve endings. This may improve with massage, physiotherapy and exercise. If the numbness persists, please
consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.