A
A
A
Close
Orthopedics Community
12.6k Members

Old Thigh Injury

Hiya all....

About 18 months ago I carried a washing basket down stairs, the stairs had no carpet (decorating). I fell about half way down banging my left thigh multiple times!! Needless to say it was MEGA painful!!!

I had a bruise about 2 hand sizes down my outer thigh which was purple/black! (Not exaggerating), took about 4 weeks to go. In the mean time, walking, lying on it or touching it was painful. I worked in orthopaedics at the time and shown a staff member the bruise who didn't seem concerned. ??tissue damage. Never had it checked out officially.

18 months later - I'm limping when I walk now (I'm 36). Hurts from sitting to standing, walking and still hurts to lie on my left. Sometimes it feels like a dull throb.

I feel kinda daft reporting this now 18 months on...doesn't hurt to touch. The only difference I have now is my hip clicks. I'm sure people think I'm putting it on as it's been so long since I injured it....
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.