Orthopedics Community

Old Thigh Injury

Hiya all....

About 18 months ago I carried a washing basket down stairs, the stairs had no carpet (decorating). I fell about half way down banging my left thigh multiple times!! Needless to say it was MEGA painful!!!

I had a bruise about 2 hand sizes down my outer thigh which was purple/black! (Not exaggerating), took about 4 weeks to go. In the mean time, walking, lying on it or touching it was painful. I worked in orthopaedics at the time and shown a staff member the bruise who didn't seem concerned. ??tissue damage. Never had it checked out officially.

18 months later - I'm limping when I walk now (I'm 36). Hurts from sitting to standing, walking and still hurts to lie on my left. Sometimes it feels like a dull throb.

I feel kinda daft reporting this now 18 months on...doesn't hurt to touch. The only difference I have now is my hip clicks. I'm sure people think I'm putting it on as it's been so long since I injured it....
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.