MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Orthopedic Question

Hi, I'm 20 years old. As a child I had femor anteversion, I went through physical therapy. I have always had flat feet, left foot worse than right. My left foot is so turned inward that it has caused my knee to turn in when I walk/run. I plan to discuss this with my Dr, what options will they give me ? Will they say knee replacement? Or surgery ? Or bionic leg ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Would it be corrective surgery on my foot or knee ?
Helpful - 0
Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation; though usually a surgical correction is likely to be advised in the situation. Joint replacement/ bionic leg are not usually considered in mild-moderate cases, especially in young adults.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.