Orthopedics Community

Osteoarthritis in neck

X-rays show spurs on discs 1 & 2 and discs 6 & 7.  Also degeneration between same discs shows on the X-rays.  I experience pain, especially in the 2 areas that lead to neck and headaches.  What other areas of my body does this affect?  I do on occasion experience numbness and tingling in both hands and fingers, but will stop when massaged.  So, I am looking for other symptoms in my body resulting from the spurs touching nerves in both areas.  Thank you.  John.
Hi John!

Degenerative change in the cervical spine could be associated with symptoms around the arms, chest and upper back beside the head and heck region. However symptoms in these areas do not specifically indicate a spinal cause and other possible causes such as peripheral neuropathy etc may need to be considered as well. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.