Orthopedics Community

Pain just above knee...Any suggestions?

I am 28yrs old. About a month ago we were having a party, and I was constantly moving(walking fast) to set things up. I had also started to push myself on the treadmill as well. I would get it up to about 3mph, which I know isnt that fast, but when you arent used to it, it is. Anyway, I had noticed that my one knee became sore. It is like a dull ache, just above the knee cap. I am not sure if there are muscles there, or if it is the knee itself. About 16 years ago, I sprained that knee and from time to time I would feel some soreness in it. BUt now it seems like anytime I exercise - even only 2.2miles per hour on the treadmill, it is that dull ache. There is a family history of arthritis, which also makes me nervous. Anyway,  I was hoping someone would have some idea as to what this might be. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Hello Dear,
You should see a orthopedic physician as the pain could be due to several causes like arthritis,ligament injury,meniscal  tear,over exertion,muscular strain  etc.Unless a physicial examination and x-rays are done the cause cannot be diagnosed.You should avoid walking for long intervals and do not put much strain on your knee.Get the evaluatio done.
Best
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.