Orthopedics Community

Painful lump

What would the hard, painful, pea size, lump within my middle finger at the tip be caused by ?  I did not bump it or injure it in any sort of way.  I noticed it about 3 months ago and it has gotten more sensitive to touch and a little increase in size since then.  There is no thickening of the skin,no discoloration nor any openings on it or near it.  I do have a history of NHLymphoma and have been in remission for 14 years.  Since there are no lymph nodes located in the finger tips I feel secure in saying it's not my lymphoma back or am I assuming wrong? Oh, I am a 62 yr old female
Thanks for reading this,
Hi!
I can understand your concerns. Painful lump at finger tip can be a cyst, an abscess, or due to arthritis, gout, or due to a vasculitic rash due to rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. Please show this to your doctor for a confirmed diagnosis. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.