Orthopedics Community

Please describe your experience with foot pain.

Picture of a man holding his foot.    The foot is a complex skeletal (anatomical) structure that may be affected by diseases within the body or the foot itself.About 17% to 42% of people have/had foot pain from other conditions.The most common causes of foot pain are overuse activities and injury to the foot.There are other causes of foot pain from medical problems that include:ArthritisFracturesCalluses, corns, and bunionsmorton neuromaPlanter FaciitisSprains Nerve problems
I have had inner ankle swelling for 5 plus months now with no injury to ankle. The ankle seems weak and becomes more swollen after being on feet for as long as 1 plus hours or so. Elevation does not help, neither does ice nor heat; Ibuprofen is pointless for this as well. UC (Urgent Care) doctor advised, initially, to elevate and stay out of the sun/heat; and while the prednisone helped after this visit, I have no more and refuse to have the medicine ongoing. I am at a loss as to what could be causing this or how to get any relief.
My husband has diabetes and he is suffering with a swollen ankle and heel, and where the ankle is swollen, it is red and very painful.
I have had left foot pain for 1 month. While walking I stepped on a stone mid-plantar foot, and felt like my foot exploded. I have swelling and stabbing pain as the day goes on, to the point of needing crutches. I is difficult to bear much weight on my left foot. Nothing helps except rest and elevation. I am at my wits' end.
I keep getting very bad pains in my heels of both my feet.
I have two bumps on the side of my right foot and the bottoms of both my feet hurt really badly.
I experience a burning sensation in the bottoms of my feet. It is less in the morning and gets worse as the day goes on. By afternoon it is pretty painful. But, it only happens every other day. Literally. On good days I feel like I could go run in a marathon. On bad days I'm in pain all day. It is so consistent that I can plan activities a week in advance. This has been happening for 11 years now. I am 60 years old, in good health otherwise. I take no medications at all.
I am having bad foot pains.
I have pain in the top of my foot when I walk.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.