Aa
A
A
A
Close
Orthopedics Community
12.7k Members
10969476 tn?1414210476

Pregnant with a Tibia fracture. Can I treat without Xray?

I injured my Tibia September 2013 falling down rickety wooden stairs in the dark at my sisters wedding. It is now a year later and its still in so much pain. At night its at its worst. It's a very intense dull ache, like what you would feel with a cavity but much larger across the front and inner center of my my shin. I can't even sleep through the pain lately. I'm guessing now a year later it was a fracture. It was very bruised and wounded for a few months but I could walk on it. I thought it was a bad bruise but its been more than a year. Problem is now Im pregnant. Maybe the added weight monthly is too much for this bone because the pain is getting worse and suddenly now Im realizing I can't live with this pain. Im only in my 3rd month, and Ive only gained 4 pounds. Im terrified of what a few more months will feel like. Can I treat a fracture a year later? And how would they go about checking for a fracture since I can't have an Xray?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.