Orthopedics Community

Pregnant with a Tibia fracture. Can I treat without Xray?

I injured my Tibia September 2013 falling down rickety wooden stairs in the dark at my sisters wedding. It is now a year later and its still in so much pain. At night its at its worst. It's a very intense dull ache, like what you would feel with a cavity but much larger across the front and inner center of my my shin. I can't even sleep through the pain lately. I'm guessing now a year later it was a fracture. It was very bruised and wounded for a few months but I could walk on it. I thought it was a bad bruise but its been more than a year. Problem is now Im pregnant. Maybe the added weight monthly is too much for this bone because the pain is getting worse and suddenly now Im realizing I can't live with this pain. Im only in my 3rd month, and Ive only gained 4 pounds. Im terrified of what a few more months will feel like. Can I treat a fracture a year later? And how would they go about checking for a fracture since I can't have an Xray?
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.