Avatar universal

Pubic pain, x rays, and now a answer but how is it treated?

Started when I was 5 months pregnant I had extreme hip and pelvic pain to the point that I couldn't walk for 2 months. I could finally walk but was still in pain. You can't do a pelvic x ray during pregnancy so my doctor just said it was pregnancy related and left me miserable and crying in pain. Well After the baby was born I was/am still in really bad pain. My pain is worse when sitting or laying, actually extreme.The first doctor I went to only ordered a xray of my lumbar, and made his diagnoses based on that, wrong diagnoses might i add.
So I went to another doctor who ordered a xray of both hips and my pelvic bone. The doctor read the report off to me. I got copies of the x-rays today, but the report is still being printed up at the hospital. Anyways the jist of the report is this, I am growing a extra bone and have bone that is calcifying in my pubis area. I can't find anything about this on the internet. It will be a month or longer before I get to a orthopedic doctor. I'd just like some answers if anyone has any.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal

We want to give you some inputs about diseases where you may get calcification on an X-ray.  Do not come to any conclusion till you run all tests and your case diagnosed.

Calcification can occur with Paget's disease and with bone tumors like Enchondroma , Osteosarcoma etc.

The excessive breakdown and formation of bone tissue that occurs with Paget's disease can cause bone to weaken, resulting in bone pain, arthritis, deformities, and fractures.
Hip pain may occur when Paget's disease affects the pelvis or thighbone.
Paget's disease may be diagnosed using one or more of the following tests:
Pagetic bone has a characteristic appearance on x-rays. A skeletal survey is therefore indicated.
An elevated level of alkaline phosphatase in the blood in combination with normal calcium, phosphate, and aminotransferase levels in an elderly patient are suggestive of Paget's disease.

Osteosarcoma diagnosis usually begins with an x-ray, continues with a combination of scans (CT scan, PET scan, bone scan, MRI) and ends with a surgical biopsy. Films are suggestive, but bone biopsy is the only definitive method to determine whether a tumor is malignant or benign.

Take care and keep us posted after visiting an orthopaedician for examination and correlation of all your symptoms with the scans and X-rays.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
You need proper diagnosis.
It might be arthritic changes and you need to find the reasons for calcification.
The growth may be due to some tumor.
We suggest also an MRI to know the complete picture.
Take care!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.