Orthopedics Community

Scaphoid Fracture Recovery

About 2 years ago I fractured my scaphoid bone during a football game.  I ended up having surgery on it and a pin was put in place to hold the two parts of the bone together so that the bone could heal properly.  After getting my cast off I noticed an immense amount of pain in my wrist whenever I pushed with my palm (the same pressure applied during the injury).  I thought nothing of it because the cast had just come off, however 2 years later I am still feeling this pain.  I went to physical therapy about a month after having my cast removed to no avail.  I don't want to go back to the surgeon because I'm pretty sure all I would hear is "I'm not sure what is causing the pain."  after I have to pay for some x-rays and a few co-pays.  I just need to know whether or not I need to go back to the surgeon or if there is anything I can do to reduce the pain.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.