Orthopedics Community

Scaphoid Hope?

I broke the proximal pole of my scaphoid snowboarding March 2015. I had surgery a couple weeks later where a screw was inserted. I "healed" in terms of the bone fusion but continued to have pain in the wrist/ hand. This can be characterized as anytime I bore weight on the hand (getting out of a chair/bath, pushing anything etc.) as well as soreness from repetitive activities such as writing or cutting with scissors. I went back to the operating surgeon and determined that a good course of action would be to remove the screw. I had this surgery done in early December in conjunction with cleaning up a ton of scar tissue along my thumb from the previous surgery and am currently "healing" from that. Has anyone had a similar set of procedures/pain and can shed any light on the matter (recovery time if at all, limitations, pain)? I would really appreciate it. I am only 21 and was extremely active before this whole ordeal and just want to get back to my former self.

Thank You
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.