Orthopedics Community

Should I be worried about my 4 month post-op knee pain?

I am 15, and have had 7 surgeries to treat my multiple hereditary osteochondromatosis. I had a tumid removed from right above my knee in March, because an MRI showed it to have 1.5 cm of cartilage cap and we didn't want it to turn malignant in the future. It healed very nicely and I have regained full mobility (well, for me. I didn't have full mobility in the first place) . I have recently completed the summer musical I do every year, which is the most intense exercise I have done since the procedure. It has started to have a strange click where the tumor was, and is tender to the touch in that area. It is also sore to put weight on at certain times. We weren't sure if this should be cause for alarm, because sometimes problem areas flare up during times of exertion, but as soon as we get it checked out is nothing and goes away. But at the same time, this tumid was removed under more serious circumstances than before. Now, I know that the worst thing you can do is to google your symptoms, but according to the Internet (which we all know is never wrong :p) flaring up during exercise, tenderness and soreness at rest can be warning signs of osteosarcoma. Also, as an adolescent, this would be the prime time for any such ailement to develop. I don't want to believe everything I read online, but I also don't want to pass anything off. I'm just wary, because ive been to many appointments complaing of pains only for them to be nothing serious. Any opinions?
Hi!
Any joint pain which flares up with exercise and is otherwise sore and tender can be due to multiple hereditary osteochondromatosis, ligament and cartilage tears, arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis and loose bone or cartilage into the joint. It can also be due to osteosarcoma. Nothing can be said for sure until a doctor has examined you and may be taken X-ray or MRI of the joint. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.