Orthopedics Community

Tingling and Numbness

A few years ago I fell and landed on my right hand wrong. The after two days of tingling and numbness I went to the doctor and he told me I stunned my nerves. After a few weeks it seemed to go away.  Now, ever once in awhile I get the same feeling and it lasts for a couple days.  The feeling starts at my elbow and goes down my arm to my little finger, ring finger and thumb. Is this cubital tunnel syndrome or something else? What can I do to get rid of it?
Hi!
Yes, cubital tunnel syndrome is a possibility. In cubital tunnel syndrome, the ulnar nerve is compressed at the elbow. This causes numbness of pinky finger and that side of ring finger along with pain on the inner side of forearm. Treatment is usually through physiotherapy.
Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.