Understanding my reports.

Hello, I am trying to understand my MRI & Cscan reports. But whn I look up terms it just makes me more confused. I had my MRI done on 6/3/11, and the doctors never explained to me what was going on. All they said is I have an 80 year old body, theres nothing they can do. I'm only 41. Same thing with my Cscan I had done on 8/20/12. I know my back is messed up, I can feel it. But please break it down for me and how severe it is. Please!

MRI 6/3/2011

Findings: There is a moderate S-shaped thoracic scoliosis with minimal involvement of the lower cervical spine. There is no focal bone marrow edema or loss of vertebral body height and no evidence of acute compression fracture. There is reversal of the normal cervical curve centered at C4. There are mild degenerative endplates changes throughout the cervical spine with small entophyte formation and posterior bony spurring. The is multilevel degenerative disc disease with diffuse disc desiccation. The is multilevel uncovertebral hypertrophy. The cervical spinal cord has normal signal and caliber with no evidence of cord edema. The prevertebral soft tissue are grossly normal.

C2-C3: There is no disc herniation. There is no spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis.

C3-C4: There is a mild disc desiccation. There is a small diffused disc-entophyte complex measuring approximately 2mm with minimal impression on the anterior thecal sac. There is no central spinal canal stenosis or neural foramina stenosis.

C4-C5: There is mild disc desiccation. There is a diffuse disc-entophyte complex measuring approximately 2mm. There is mild ligament flavum hypertrophy. The central spinal canal stenosis measures approximately 8mm in AP diameter. There is mild uncovertebral hypertrophy. There is moderate left neural foramina stenosis.

C5-C6: There is moderate disc disccation with decreased intervertebral disc space height. There is diffused disc-entophyte complex measuring approximately 2.5mm with impression the anterior thecal sac. There is moderate left uncovertebral hypertrophy. The central spinal canal is narrowed to approximately 8mm in AP diameter. There is moderate-to-severe left neural foramina stenosis.

C6-C7: There is small posterior bony surring. There is no disc herniation. There is no spinal canal or neural foramina stenosis.

C7-T1: There is mild disc herniation. There is a small disc-entophyte complex measuring approximately 1.5mm with minimal impression on the anterior thecal sac. There is no spinal canal or neural foramina stenosis.

FINDINGS: There is a moderate thoracic S-shaped scoliosis. There is no focal bone marrow edema or loss of vertebral body height and no evidence of acute compression fracture. There are minimal degenerative endplates changes in the thoracic spine with small entophyte formation and minimal posterior bony spurring. There is a small Schmorl’s node at the endplates of T8 and T9 and the superior endplate of L5.

There is minimal degenerative disc disease in the thoracic spine.

T3-T4: There is small posterior bony spurring and possible small right paracentral protrusion measuring approximately 2mm with minimal impression on the left anterior thecal sac. There is no central spinal canal stenosis or neural foramina stenosis. There is evidence of degenerative disc disease at the mid cervical spine, which is partially included in the study on limited images with evidence of disc-entophyte formation. There is no central spinal canal stenosis or neurtal forminal stenosis at any level of the thoracic spine.

FINDINGS: The lunbar vertebral are aligned. There is a slight lumbar levoscoliosis with a more pronounced S-shaped scoliosis involving the thoracic spine.  There is no focal bone marrow edema or loss of vertebral body height and no evidence of acute compression fracture. There are minimal degenerative endplates changes in the lumbar spine with small entophyte formation and small posterior bone spurring. There is mild degenerative facet hypertrophy in the lower lunbar spine. There is a hypo lactic right facet jpont at L5-S1 which may be associated with an S1 segentation abnormality. The intervertebral disc spaces are grossly preserved. There is no paraspinal mass. The conus medullar is terminates at the level of L2.

L1-L2: There is no disc herniation. There is no spinal canal or neural forminal stenosis.

L2-L3: There is no disc herniation. There is no spinal canal or neural forminal stenosis.

L3-L4: There is no disc herniation. There is no spinal canal or neural forminal stenosis.

L4-L5: There is minimal disc bulge at the left foramina disc space measuring approximately 2mm with a possible small annular fissure. There is mild facet hypertrophy. There is no central central spinal canal stenosis or neural forminal stenosis.

L5-S1: There is small posterior bony spurrinh. There is no focal disc hemination. There is mild left mild facet hypertrophy. There is a hypop;astic right facet joint which may be related to S1 segmentation abnormality. There is no central central spinal canal stenosis or neural forminal stenosis.

C-SCAN 8/20/2012

FINDINGS:   Normal craniovertral junction. There are degenerative changes of the anterior atlantoaxial articulation. Normal odontoid process.
There is straightening of he normal cervical lordosis. Normal vertebral bodies and posterior osseous elements.

C2-C3: Normal endplates. Normal disc height and morphology. Normal bilateral uncovertebral and apophyge joints. Normal central canal and intervertebral neuroformina.

C3-C4: Alignment intact. Mild annular disc bulging. Foramina are patent.

C4-C5: Alignment intact. Annular disc bulging with endplates entophytes. Moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing. Moderate central canal stenosis. Bilateral facet arthropathy.

C5-C6: Alignment intact. Moderate annular dics bulging. Endplates entophyte. Severe left foramina narrowing likely resulting in compression of left exiting nerve root. Right foramen is patent.

C6-C76: Normal endplates. Normal disc height and morphology. Normal bilateral uncovertebral and apophyge joints. Normal central canal and intervertebral neuroforamina.

C7-T1: Normal endplates. Normal disc height and morphology. Normal bilateral uncovertebral and apophyge joints. Normal central canal and intervertebral neuroforamina.

FINDINGS: Normal lunbar lordosis. In the lower lumbar spine, there is levoscoliosis associated with spinal bifida occulta and minor segmentation anomaly affecting the right L5-S1 articulating facet.

L1-4: Normal endplates. Normal disc height and morphology. Normal bilateral facet joints. Normal central canal and bilateral lateral recesses. Normal bilateral intervertebral neural foramina.

L4-L5: There is a slight posterior subluxation of L4 on L5. There is mild disc space narrowing. There is annular disc bulging. There is bilateral foramina narrowing moderate on the left. Right exting never root intact. There is a slight displacement and compression of the left exiting never root laterally.

L5-S1: There is posterior disc space narrowing and mild annular disc bulging. There are minor endplate entophytes. Exinting never roots are intact. On the right the L5 posterior elements are anomalous. There is spinal bifida occulta at S1.

Thank you!
Jeannie
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
You did not mention if you have pain or radiculopathy. See a P.T. and they will explain it to you in simple terms.