Avatar universal

Urgent question about pain

Last Friday I fell on my hardwood floor. 2 days later on Sunday night I had a slight pain in my left and right sides. It wasn't severe. I thought the pain was similar to the pain I experience when I don't drink water for a while. I drank water all night Sunday and Monday at work. Monday evening at home I took a hot bath and the pain got worse on my right side and my back. The pain was excruciating. I could not stand up straight or turn or bend.  It felt like something inside my body was twisting and turning. It caused me to scream and cry. The pain and feeling happend when I tried to sit or stand. If I stood still it may pause for 2 seconds then start up again.

I am out of work so I had to go to the public hospital emergency room. They took a urine sample and x ray of my body. The nurse suspected kidney stones but the x ray and urine test came back fine. They prescribed neproxin and told me to put heat on it and drink lots of water. It is wednesday and the pain is still happening. It is not as severe as before but there is a constant throbbing and twisting on my right side and  the mid area  of my back between my hips and the bottom of my shoulder blade.

I don't what it is but I can't imagine having this pain longer than another day. What could it be? What kind of doctor do I need to see? What kind of tests do I need to get?

Please help me someone. ***@****
3 Responses
Avatar universal
The most important thing in your symptoms is :
You fell on hard floor and the pain started and it increased gradually.
The best part is your X-ray is negative and your pain is decreasing.

You are also taking rest so continue taking rest and pain killers.
You did not have a fracture but you pulled some muscles, ligament and tendon injury which is not in a major way.
With rest and pain killers your inflammation will go away and you will be completely relieved.
Take care!
Avatar universal
Thank you for responding to my desperate plea. The pain has lessened some. I could lay down and sleep last night. I have been looking to see if a stone passed but I don't see anything. I am making an appointment for a mri and to see a urologist just in case.
Avatar universal
Thank you,
The pain during passing of stone is very severe and the pain radiates from loin to groin.
Please consult for your Kidney problem near a urologist and do not mix it with your other injury. You have to take an X-ray or dye whatever the urologist advises.
Drink enough water!
Good you understood us and come back to us for further queries!
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.