Orthopedics Community
12.6k Members
Avatar universal

Water ? on knee

Several months ago I banged my knee on a rather sharp metal railing. It hurt for a few days and then
no  problems followed. Now I have developed a soft watery type lump on the front of the knee cap
where I struck it.

There is no discomfort, pain, or use restriction whatever. If pressure is applied for a few minutes the
lump essentially disappears, but returns again after a few minutes. The 'lump' is about 1.5-inches
across and no more than 3/8ths of an inch in 'height.'

Water? Cure? Forget about it? I suspect it will go away by itself but am uncertain.
1 Responses
Avatar universal
This is what I found on it
nicknamed "Plumbers knee" It's the bodies response to repeated use of the knee on a hared surface, in order to protect the kneecap, it covers it in "water". Many times there is no pain with this condition. See a healthcare professional or your family doctor or local clinic. They can drain the fluid from your knee and give you ideas on how to stay off the knee.Good Luck
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.