What is diagnosis

my knee keeps giving out 3 to 4 times a month...When the VA did the Pivot Shift, I explained to them that's exactly what happens when my knee gives out...They called it a gross positive pivot shift..Have had 3 MRI's done in 4 years.. gone from partial tear, to complete tear with reattachment to PCL, to complete tear now laying side ways (what ever that means)...my medial meniscus is totally gone, bone on bone, I've read up on knee issues but can not figure out exactly what it is that I have... VA keeps referring to positive pivot shift....I found an article stating that the tibia and femur partially dislocate since there is no ACL and the MCL is the only thing keeping it from being totally dislocated... I notice the word "subluxation" is used several times in this article....Does anyone know what the term or diagnosis for this would be???
thanks in advance..
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there!

Subluxation is a partial dislocation. This is likely to occur due to injury and instability of some of the major supports of the knee joint, while reconstruction of the ligaments may just be possible in a few cases. You could try using a knee brace for additional support and avoiding exercise. It would be best to discuss the situation, the management plan and the expected, prognosis in detail with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Helpful - 0
Hi there!

Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.