Orthopedics Community

What is the cause and fix for this type of abscess

I am a 59 year old woman with a history of fibromyalsia,arthitis,an acl reconstruction about 10 years ago.i had a cat scan done around 3 weeks ago and was found small nonspecific sclerotic focus seen in the right proximal femur which maybe due to an abscess. There is sclerosis of the right sacroiliac joint.what would cause this abscess. The dr is waiting for the insurance company to get an mri.
Hi there!

An abesss is a region of localised infection, which could result from spread through blood or extension from surrounding areas. The sclerotic region may be due to a past or recent abscess. Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist and an orthopedician. After the relevant clinical details are evaluated for, a management plan can be suggested accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.