Orthopedics Community

bony lump on the top of left foot

My daughter is 9 years old, three months back we noticed a bony lump on top of her left foot which was painfull. Her pediatrician recommended an x-ray, & the results said its a kind of benign bony lump. It also had started reducing in size, until recently when my daughter hit her foot on the same spot to a table & now I see that it has again grown back to the previous size. Do I need to consult the doctor again.
I wanted to know what kind of lump is it ? & why does it occur in a 9 year old ?
Hello!

Exostosis (osteochondroma), Unicameral (simple) bone cysts and Nonossifying fibroma are benign tumors which occur in children.

When tumors start inside the skeleton, such as in leg bones, ribs or arm bones, they are called bone tumors. Sometimes benign bone tumors clear up on their own and only require that we watch them carefully, checking your child once or twice a year.

Be careful with the growth of the bone as sometimes it leads to fractures.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.