Orthopedics Community

broken fib. and painful ankle.

Hi doc. thanks for the reply, much apprciated. first  i should tell you that  me and another person slipped on ice and my friend fell on my leg causing the fracture, not sure but i may have rolled my ankle at the same time . You mentioned radiographs, not exactly sure what that is but Ive had my sergion look at few X-rays, he was looking at the space between the bones in tha ankle, his concern was wether or not to put a screw in, cause apparently my fractured fibula can cause swelling in the the ankle and thus spreding the bones out of posistion causing instability but he thinks the x-rays look alright, so he sent me home after 6 weeks and asked me to come back in 3 weeks, should i be pushing for a sooner date.
The fracture is almost half way up my leg, thought i would mention that.
I've been trying to bear some wait like my sergion asked but it hurts my ankle too much to bear wait on it alone, therefore i'm still depending on my crutches, the pain is deep inside towards the rear on both sides and around my heel and achilles.. But i'll keep slowly giving it tolerable amonts of wait, Hope I don't need sergry?
I am sure you would like to have a good follow up with us. Hence I would like to request you to kindly post your new comments on previous post only.
I think you should be asking him to see as early as possible. I also feel that this the right time to do an imaging study i.e. X-ray as much would depend on how does the x-ray looks.
I think if you feel comfortable, then you should be doing weight bearing otherwise not.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.
I just saw my sureon three days ago, he has done x-rays and feels they look alright and don't need any emediate attention. I'm booked to see him in three weeks. what else should i do.
If imaging is being done and those according to surgeon appear normal, then there is no need to worry. You can continue with passive range of motion exercise as taught to you by your physiotherapist.
Do not over-exert your self.
Bye.
I have not been refered to physio. yet , should I be? maybe I should go back too my gen. practitioner ( family doc. ) see if he thinks should start some physio. even though I'v been passed on too seeing my surgeon now,  and he didn't mention physio. yet. ?
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.