Orthopedics Community
12.6k Members
Avatar universal

foot pain

I pretty sure that I have plantar fasciitis, and im in a lot of pain. but what I need to know if there is a lump that goes with this problem. The lump is in my heel just where the heel starts.
1 Responses
Avatar universal
How are you? Can you elaborate on the lump's location or characteristic? This could be due to plantar fibromatosis  which are mostly benign growths that occur on the bottom of the foot.The plantar fascia is a thick, broad, inelastic band of fibrous tissue that is found along the bottom of the foot.Plantar fasciitis refers to an inflammation of the plantar fascia and can be the result of some type of injury such as from repeated trauma to the tissue. Treatment that may help include  anti-inflammatory mediation, icing, stretching, activity modification, and heel inserts. If the lump persists, you need to have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination is important and a biopsy may also be done to rule out malignancy. Take care and regards.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.