Orthopedics Community

keinbocks disease,,any other options than surgery

hi..is there any option aside from wrist surgery imcluding screws and bolts ,keinbocks disease :radial shortening/avascular/joint leveling procedure,or am i lucky it was caught now before then wristbone fuses,what is the turnaround recovery time?  thanx
hi Stevie,

I have keinbocks and had the radial shortening surgery in March 2009. As you posted this in April, I am not sure if you will have had surgery by now/made a decision on what to do, but just to let you know someone else went through it! I recovered from Surgery enough to go back to work 2 month after surgery, and have now got nearly full movement of my wrist back. I stopped having physio about 4 months post surgery. I don't regret having the surgery, but my physiotherapist has his reservations about having such a major op, and thinks that more cxonservative methods should have been considered first, but I didn't want to risk having to have my whole wrist fused if the bone crumbled. I am due to get the pin and associated nuts and bolts etc out next April. They would have been out already, but I got pregnant, so have to wait until after the baby is born.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.