Orthopedics Community

knee problems

I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee where they told me i was bone on bone and they cleaned it up and drilled holes in my knee cap to produce fake cartilage. My question is since I am in so much pain and used to be active what other procedures are there without total knee replacement?  I just turned 40 and would love to be able to walk and be more active again without so much pain.
Hello!

With osteoarthritis due to wear and tear and also due to past ligament injuries and unstable joint the best treatment is total knee replacement.

You can try various NSAIDs to fight the pain. You can also try viscosupplementation or steroid injections. Talk with an orthopedician and explore various options before you consider total knee replacement.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.