Orthopedics Community

knee replacement with rod

I was in a car accident that nearly totalled my  right tibia and fibula. It's been 18 mo and I am told that the rod can not be removed due to insufficient bone in one site. I've had 5 arthroscopies on that right knee already and it is damaged so that I cannot bend forwards or walk down stairs. I have no ACL, medial meniscus and partial lateral. Can that knee be replaced? Is it possible to combine with the tibia rod?
Hello!

Total knee replacement is based on joint and ligament problems as in osteoarthritis and when your articular cartilage is completely lost and problems with the functioning of knee joint.

You need to discuss if there is a requirement for you and if your articular cartilage is undergoing loss and also if you have enough strength in your quadriceps and femur to go for intense physiotherapy which is required after TKR.

Consult an expert for a proper examination and requirement.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.