Orthopedics Community

knee surgery

I had acl surgery on the 1st of May - After surgery come to fing I had two tears on my right knee the right side tear went right down to bone where a cyst was .  Now still 2 months I am in horrible pain and so far every week fluid is drawn from the knee - and right after it is drawn it fills right back up - Not only that I have a lump right where the incision is and it looks like the cyst is back - I really dont get an answers from Dr. he says becauce I have arthritis in the knee and because the tear was so bad thats why it keeps filling up - My knee is so deformed I wont even show it - Anyway he wants to give me the synvisc shot on tuesday which should be giving in 3 weeks 1 shot per week but he wants to do all three in one session.  I think I should get another Mri to see what is going on first before the synvisc shot - He is going to have to drain knee first and then give the shot and what happens if it doesnt work i am so tired of being in pain any suggestions would really help
I'm a 60 something year old suffering from severe knee pain currently on percs 325 with 500 naps I have had pt for 2 years now and takes the corts shots alone with depression meds.  PT does help but as many of you know it runs out. I am so frighten of having the knee replacement of how many I saw in pt still in inscrutating pain. Is or does surgery helps(anyone with-out complications) and is it worth one's daily suffering? And is this a cure for any of you (the replacement and being on meds)?
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.