Orthopedics Community

locking of knee

during walking my knee locks for while,after sometime this become normal and while moving joints crack sound can hear from all my joints....... what is the reason?
Hi!
Popping sound in knee can be due to injury to medial meniscus of the knee or to patella. Another possibility is the knee cap rubbing against the underlying cartilage of femur. Having said this, at times the noise has no pathology behind it.
The various causes of knee locking are torn medial meniscus, mis-aligned knee cap, osteoarthritis, knee arthritis, torn lateral meniscus, osteochondritis dissecans, recurrent patella dislocation, chondromalacia patella, knee alignment problem, knee fragment  or knee cartilage disorder. Hence you may need X-rays and MRIs of the knee to find the exact cause. This needs an evaluation by either an orthopedics specialist or by a sports injury specialist. Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.