Orthopedics Community

miniscal tear

i have had surgery and my knee has only got worse i have tried cortisone shots invisc shots custom knee brace does anyone no of any alternative that may help or that has helped them my surgeons has discharged me not able to help i got second opinions and i am very fustrated i even have a custom knee brace that does not help at all they say i am to young for a knee replacement if there is anyone that has tried something that works please contact me
Hello!

You have to go for present day X-rays to rule out osteoarthritis. A MRI scan will diagnose ligament tears such as menisci tears or any associated cruciate or collateral ligament tears.

You would need a surgical correction for unrecovered and unrepaired old ligament injuries not responding to conservative treatment.

Follow up with an orthopedician.

For severe osteoarthritis you would need total knee replacement surgery.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.