mri results

hi Im 29 years old. I had bike accident and after that 4 years ago I had spine surgery. now pain came back. I did mri scan. I got my results, but im not sure what doesnt mean. what i should shouldnt do.. ? if there is ant risc of next surgery? how bad is it?
the results..:
mri lumbar spine  result

findings:
the vertebral bodies are normal hight, morphology and alignment. there are marked discogenic endplate changes noted at L5-S1.
At L4-L5 there is mild posterior disc bulge without canal, lateral recess or exit foraminal narrowing.
L5-S1, there is asymmetrical disc bulging with a predominantly anterior component. there is minimal posterior bulging without significal canal narrowing. no nerve root compromise identified.
post contrast imaging demonstrates no evidence of fibrosis.

conclusion
discogenic endplate  changes at L5-S1.
asymmetrical disc bulging at L5-S1 with a predominantly anterior component.
no evidence of high - grade canal, leteral recess of foreminal narrowing.  

thanks a lot
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
What type of surgery did you have, and at what level? What kind of pain are you having now?
Helpful - 0
surgery of lumbar spine L5-S1, it was bulge as well
now I've pain in lower and upper back, sometimes my right leg getting stiff.
Helpful - 0
I take it you had a discectomy, was your pain primarily down your leg? There's nothing on your report that would indicate that you need surgery. You have a bulge at L4-5 that's not really causing any problem and a slightly larger one at L5-S1 that they claim isn't causing any significant problems either.

Your low back pain could be discogenic (cause by degeneration of the discs) in nature, the endplate changes could be a part of this. Are you going to Therapy, because it can help, anti-inflammatory meds and injections can help too.

Take Care

Helpful - 0
Im waiting for physiotherapy  .. Im on  ixprim at the moment.
thank for an answer :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.