Orthopedics Community

partial wrist fusion

hello all
I am a police officer and in sept of 2008 I injured my dominant wrist at work wrestling with an intoxicated subject. After several months of treatments and an mri I finally had surgery in Feb of 2009 . The Dr found a small tear in the TFCC and repaired it as best as he could. In addition he found that the S L ligament was completely ruptured and ended up screwing a nearby ligament into the scaphoid to help stabilize the joint . He also performed a Dequervains release on my thumb for some pain along that tendon .
Since the surgery I continue to have pain in my wrist overall but it becomes very intense at the end range of motion . I also have some tingling along my thumb, forefinger and the webbing in between when I touch the area of the Dequervains scar. In addition to the tingling sometimes if I bump my wrist I get a sensation in my hand and wrist that is very similar to when you hit your funny bone.
Because of these continuing problems my Dr has recommended a partial wrist fusion which I am very reluctant to have .  He also has restrticted me from full duty work as a police officer which will effectively end my career . I have come to grips with the restrictions but am wondering if there are any options other than the partial fusion, my Dr briefly mentioned a proximal row carpectomy but said that I would lose too much strength with that and would definitely never be able to return to work.
My feeling is that considering the injury is to my dominant hand I would be unable to return to work regardless of which surgery option I chose . So I would like some opinions as to which surgery will leave me with a better quality of life because I am only 36 and plan to find a new career after policing.
Any help would be appreciated
thanks
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.